Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TIme Saving Life Savers


I love to have comments on my blog. And so, I am answering today a reader's question : ' How do you suggest maximizing your time ?'

Unfortunately, I am not going to write a post presenting you with THE recipe. This is my recipe, which up to date has proven to be effective enough to enable me to paint about 20 hrs a week. That is, when I am disciplined enough to go through with it.

I was thinking about what to answer to this very good question, and one post won’t be enough. So many of the things you do have the potencial for being time savers. You only have to think them through. Surprisingly enough, time management has as much to do with the way you live your life as with the way you plan your everyday obligations and your art making.

The basic idea to time management, to me, is finding a double purpose to all you do. Therefore, theoretically speaking, your time will have doubled. This is a principle you must keep in mind while reading this blog.

I will elaborate this theory with specific topics in the following series:

Find a job the suits your purpose ( Time saved: 40 hours)
Obey your body and mind and your body will obey you (Time saved : Unlimited)

How utopian are these ideas? Very, very utopian. I’ve said it before: balance is fragile yet achievable. What I haven’t mentioned is that the scales keep going from one side to the other, and they always will. You will only be trying to temper the balancing, because if you stop it, you might end up sea sick. Some weeks, one time saving trick will work better than the other week. Other weeks, you will sit on the couch and do nothing. The important things is to keep going, and whenever you can, try to double your time.

After doing that, you may be able to produce some art, which, in any case, will have you energized for the next blitz. I always feel like it's worth all the thinking when my paintings are almost finished. And 24 hours is finally enough in a day.
















No comments:

Post a Comment